Thursday, September 1, 2011

"Girlie" Birthday Cards

In July and August, three young ladies had their birthday.  I had recently purchased the Cricut cart "Forever Young" and decided to explore this cart.

The first card was for my best friend's 15 year-old daughter.  I made the card, envelope and a small purse for her gift card.  The inspiration from the card came from "JenN" who had created this reflection image for a journal cover. 



For the skirt, I pleated the pink and black ribbon.  The reflection in the mirror, was taking the same shape but using the flipped image and making it smaller.  The cardstock used is primarily DCWV Shimmer Stack and white carstock for the base. 

The cardstock for the envelope and purse is ATD Black Tie.


The next card was for my dear niece, a first time Mom.  As we all know, the days can be quite busy and demanding with a young baby and so I really just wanted to wish her a wonderful day.


I used a new Martha Stewart punch around the page and a Nestabilities circle punch.  The cardstock base is DCWV Shimmer stack and

The last card was again for my best friend's daughter who turned 17 and loves Sephora products.  I made a larger purse for her gift card.


The cardstock for the card is DCWV Shimmer Stack which I embossed with Cuttlebug Polka Dot folder.  The accessories were cut on DCWV glitter matstack.  The large purse was cut from "Must Have Larger than Life" paper stack which is 24" by 12".

I had a lot of fun making these cards.  Every time I make a new card, I learn a new technique.  By the time I'm done, I know what I would differently but I'm still pleased with these results.
Hope you "Have a Great Day" today!

No comments:

Post a Comment