Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Would you join me for a cup of tea?

I had some free time this afternoon so I decided to play in my craftroom.  I was inspired to make a card while thinking about some dear friends and after looking at a number of different blogs and challenges.

Here is what I created and happily it meets the requirements of three challenges. All of the cuts were made using my Cricut.   I needed to line up my paper exactly on the Cricut mat to achieve a "Royal Doulton" fine china pattern but I think I succeeded.

Card Recipe:
Papers - Kraft cardstock for base, Fancy Pants for pink base,
K&Company Blue pattern, Lost & Found for teacup, Recollections for solids
Cricut - Elegant Edges for all cuts except teacup which was A Child's Year
Pearls and gold Stickles for embellishments
Ink - Distress Broken China


For the sketch design - I Spy Sketches


Colours including having a rose The Shabby Tea Room 


And lastly, using Kraft cardstock for the Kraft Journal Make it Monday challenge with the theme being "Card for Her".

Hope you'll join me and have a cup of tea with your dear friends soon!




6 comments:

  1. Love that teacup...worth the effort!!! Thanks for playing at I Spy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Your teacup is DIVINE!!
    so glad you could join us in the Tea Room this week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekah for your comments and dropping by!

      Delete
  3. What a darling teacup and I love how you punched out the butterflies! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful... love the tea cup! Thank you for sharing it with us in The Shabby Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete