Sunday, March 24, 2013

Shabby/Vintage 50th Girlie Card


My BFF's sister will soon turn 50 and I was intent on making her a special card to mark this milestone.  I always enjoy trying new techniques and improving my skills.  To help me along, I participate in Wednesday's Sketch Challenge on the Cricut forum.  It is just for fun, no pressure challenge where a small group of ladies create card's based on sketches either made by the host or found from various blogs.  We always give proper attribution for these sketches.  There are no prizes - just the opportunity to share our creations, get some feedback and have some fun!  You can join in and learn more here.

I wanted to make a vintage/shabby card.  I have made a few cards in this style and have been inspired by the wonderful cards and creations of the Shabby Tea Room.  This week's challenge is "Anything Goes" and so I will submit this card - just for fun!

I based my card on sketch #1 by Milo Lilja.

 
Papers:  My Mind's Eye - Lost & Found Market Street
Ink: Tim Holtz Distressed Ink - Victorian Velvet and Peeled Paint
Handmade Crochet Flower and Paper Flowers
Cricut cuts for flourishes: 3 Birds on Parade, Cindy Loo, Elegant Cakes
and Martha Steward Seasonal Art Cake
Teresa Collins - brad
Miscellaneous ribbons, pearls and gems

I truly enjoyed making this card and building all of the different layers.  Hope you enjoyed it too and thanks for dropping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment