Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Parade of Cards

Easter will soon be here and I can show you the first round of cards that have been mailed and received by family and friends.  They'll be a few more cards but I can't show those until Easter Sunday. 

The first card is for my dear BFF, her husband and three girls.  I chose to make 3 bunnies to represent each girl.  I used "fun flock" for the first time and it was easy and fun! I chose a green paper from DCWV shimmer stack as the card base.  I layered the words "Joyeuses Paques" with a DCWV glitter stack, added some ribbon, grommets and then a sentiment inside the card with a decorated egg.




The next card is for my brother and his family.  For this card, I braided some ribbon, ran the layer of blue paper through my Big Shot using the Cuttlebug polka dot folder, added a few flower brads and then made the basket, grass and eggs with my Cricut.  I weaved paper strips through the basket, just as we did in primary school :)!


The next card is for my eldest sister and her family.  I chose a purple paper from DCWV shimmer stack as the card base.  I layered the rabbit with purple paper and DCWV glitter stack.  I added some ribbon, a corsage pin that I embellished with beads and then carried some of the same paper inside for the sentiment which is printed on vellum.




And finally the last card is for my other sister.  I used again DCWV shimmer paper and cut the shape from the Wild Card cartridge.  All shapes were cut from a cricut cartridge.  I stamped the word Easter on the front using Tim Holtz distressed ink and added a few daisies and yellow ribbon for embellishment.




Check back in on Sunday to see the final Easter cards and then maybe you can tell me which one you like best.

No comments:

Post a Comment