Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Birthday my dear son!

My son turned 17 yesterday and he wanted me to make him a card with a distressed look.  He had seen me watching a video back in November 2010 and asked if I could do that for him for his birthday in April 2011.  I thought I would have lots of time to practice and test long before April 12th, but of course there were so many other holidays and demands on my time that I never really practised.  So this week, I made a mixture of strong coffee, took out my Tim Holtz walnut stain distressed ink and my rubber stamp that looks like old writing and began my card project for my dear son.  Here are the results of my efforts:





He was born at 3:04 pm on April 12th 1994 hence the time on the clock.  You see a picture of him on the left the day he was born and then one from yesterday morning on April 12th 2011.  Bonne Fête mon cher Robin!

3 comments:

  1. That's such a fantastic looking card. I can't believe you made that distressed paper yourself! You make me feel like I need a creative hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Gisele! You distressed it perfectly! I'm sure he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Derek and Sheree for your comments! I will keep working on improving my distressing technique on future projects.

    ReplyDelete