Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Anniversary Cards - June

It has been a very long time since I've posted on my blog!  The good news is that I have been creating a lot of cards this past month - for birthdays, wedding anniversaries, end of school year celebrations and even a few Christmas cards.

So tonight, I will first show you the anniversary card that I made for my dear brother and his wife.  They celebrated 31 years of marriage and I wish them many more years of happiness!



I used Damask Decor for the cut on the front using a DCWV Shimmer Stack cardstock.  It is such a pretty cartridge that does such nice intricate cuts.  I simply embellished the front with a navy ribbon with sequins.  Inside, I made the "Love" accent with a stamp, embossing powder and a metal tag.  Simple yet elegant!

The next anniversary card was for my niece and her husband.  They were celebrating their second wedding anniversary.  Their wedding colours included purple so that was the theme for my card.  I wish them also much happiness and love for many years to come!





I used Elegant Edges for the card design in deep purple, the vellum and the white cardstock.  The girl and boy were from A Child's Year cartridge using the shadow function too.  I stamped the Happy Anniversary on the front and inserted a small daisy on the inside along with the full sentiment.  I just added a few purple brads to finish it off. 

It's been fun using the Cricut and my new cartridges - Damask Decor and Elegant Edges.  I'll be posting more this week. Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment