Monday, June 20, 2011

A parade of "3 Birds on Parade"

As some of you know, there is a Cricut cartridge called 3 Birds on Parade.  I made several cards this past month using it.  It has been fun to make the birds more life-like.

The first card was for my husband for our 23rd wedding anniversary:


The birds were cut using DCWV Shimmer cardstock.  The background is Boys will be Boys cardstock.  I embellished the flowers and created a bow in her hair with pearls.  The base was in brown cardstock using the Sizzix folder then stamped with Happy Anniversary.  I added Daisyd's fabric flowers with American Crafts mini jewel brads.
The next card was a "congratulations" for a dear university graduate.


I used DCWV Shimmer cardstock for the background.  The green frame is cut using Elegant Edges cartridge.  The birdhouse is from Stretch your Imagination cartridge and unfortunately I do not remember which cartridge I used for the saying "Congrats". 

The next two cards were the Father's Day cards from my children to my husband.



For this card, most of the cardstock came from Sei Oasis collection for the patterned paper and Bazzil for the solid colours.  I simply added a small ribbon for embellishment. 



As above, the cardstock was Sei Oasis for the patterned paper and Bazzil for the solid.  The background is DCWV Shimmer.  I used Elegant Edges cartridge for the frame using K and Company embossed paper.  I inked the edges of the marshmallow to give it the "cooked appearance".  I added a simple ribbon and rounded the edges. 

I hope you enjoyed these birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment