Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fabulous Fifty

A dear family member turned 50 on Monday...should I say who it was?  It was my dear sister and I made this special card just to celebrate her!




The card was made to look like a storefront window that I designed using the Gypsy and welding the rectangles.  I placed a piece of acetate over the women's items secured with heart brads and then placed the sentiment "Be Fabulous" on pop-up dots.  All cuts were done using the Cricut cartridge - Gypsy Wanderings but I used two different types of paper.  I added sequin ribbon to the dress, a flower for the shoe and a shimmering brad for the hat.  I used the Cuttlebug polka dot folder for the white background.

I also made her a small wallet folder to include some money in the envelope.  Hope she has a wonderful day at a spa. 
The technique  for making the folder was from Splitcoaststampers but you can view a great video here Paper Boutique Blog - Business Card Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment