Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tags - à la Finnabair (Anna Dabrowska)

In July, I will have the great pleasure of taking part in a class offered by Anna Dabrowska (Finnabair).  It will be a mixed media class on an art journal where you'll make the cover and two inside pages.  Anna does some amazing work - journals, layouts, tags, etc. and I'm thrilled to have registered for one of the few classes that she'll be doing in Canada, and lucky me just a few minutes from my home . Finnabair blog

So today I was inspired to make a tag after browsing Anna's blog - and it is the perfect timing as I need one for friends that we will be visiting on Saturday. If you have taken a peek at Anna's work, you'll see that she does a ton of layering, inking and uses many of Tim Holtz' products on her wonderful creations.

Here is the finished tag that I made and I'm really happy with how it turned out!


I started by inking the ivory cardstock with distressed ink in Victorian Velvet, Broken China and Peeled Paint colours.  Then I placed a cut that I made from the Damask Decor cartridge (it's the green shape that you see peeking out).  I then added the victorian style heart (Cricut Everyday Paper Dolls cart), the gear is a chipboard shape that I had and I simply inked with Ranger Sienna ink. 

I then made the ticket using a Tim Holtz stamp and inked the ivory cardstock in Antique Linen, Spiced Marmalade and Vintage Photo distressed inks.  The ticket was attached using a Tim Holtz small hanger.  On the bottom right, I used the Cuttlebug Clockworks folder and inked the clock shape with Vintage Photo and cut it out by hand. 

In the center, I glued a piece of fabric border that had a string of sequins already attached. Next the flowers were made using cuts on the Cricut - Accent Essentials for both flowers. 

 For the small pinkish flower, I simply curled the petals of three layers in the same size and added a brad for the centre.  For the larger flower, I inked four layers (2 large, 1 medium and 1 small) and pinched/crunched the petals following Tim Holtz' grunge flower technique and added a pearl for the centre. 

Lastly you'll find a small flourish on the bottom left that I simply added a few brown pearl embellishments. 


I'd love to hear your comments on this tag!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment