Friday, May 25, 2012

Christmas Gift Card Holders

I'm playing along in the Jingle Belles challenge this week and we need to make a gift card holder.  I have a few to show you and I'm really pleased with how they turned out!

I made a dutch fold card for the first time and it is perfect to hold a gift card.   Here is the link to a tutorial on this type of card at Splitcoaststampers  

Card recipe:
Papers - DCWV Christmas Combo Stack and scraps
Santa - Cricut Joys of the Season
Tis the season stamp - unknown
Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Circle
Snowflake brads, Stickles, Tartan ribbon

For the next gift card holder I used something that we all have in our house, a toilet paper roll. I flattened it with my Big Shot and then covered it with Christmas papers from Simple Stories. 



I created a tag for the card insert. I added a button, clear snowflake embellishment, brad, ribbon and hand-sewed a blanket stitch around the edge of the gift card holder.  I'll simply use a glue dot to hold the gift card in place on the tag.

Card holder insert and tag
 


Front View                                                                    Back View


Hope this inspires you to make a gift card holder, for any occasion!

Thanks for dropping by!



Challenge:  Jingle Belles

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, ♥YES♥ i am totally inspired and now want to try making BOTH of these types of g/c holders, they are BRILLIANT! i loooooove that cool "dutch fold" (which i've not seen before) and it's PERFECT for this; and WOW*WOW*WOW i would NEVER have guessed the second one is made from a toilet roll, that is the best disguise/reuse item i've EVER seen!!! you are verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry clever indeed!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic use for a toilet paper roll ... so very clever ... we're thrilled to have you join us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being Dutch I like that Dutch fold card. Great design and a great card. But I also like the toilet paper rol gift card holder. I love the paper you used.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete