Monday, February 21, 2011

The Gypsy

Having decided to add the Cricut Expression to my repertoire of  tools, I was looking for a design tool to help me to weld words and images.  The Cricut cartridges are great but are limited to the sayings that are included on the one cart that you are using and you can't really mix pictures or put all the words together.  I looked at the Design Studio software and then stumbled upon the Gypsy.  I read a few blogs, watched some Youtube videos and knew this would suit me best. 




I then found a great price for a bundle online at Oh My Crafts - the gypsy unit, the car charger (which will be great for those frequent trips to the summer cottage), 3 extra styluses, and a silicone sleeve.  Also, if it arrived before February 28th, I could get 5 extra cartridges plus the two included on the machine.  It was an offer that I could not refuse...even with shipping from Utah to Ottawa Canada and taxes, it was still an excellent deal and arrived within 10 business days - through USPS, Canada Customs and Canada Post!

When I received my Gypsy, I was somewhat concerned with the "synching" and dowloading of carts.  I had read about many different problems on the Cricut and Splitcoaststampers boards.  I followed the wonderful instuctions and within a few hours, I had everything loaded, my Cricut Expression software updated and was cutting my first project. 

I've been playing around with the Gypsy for about a week now, and it is sooo easy to use! 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm ... I don't have the Gypsy either. Looks like you have some fun toys to craft with.

    ReplyDelete